Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Just a Quickie....

For anyone that knows me, you know I am a major avocado devotee.

I regularly look for ways to sneak it into my meals.  After all, aside form being one of the most delicious foods on the planet, it contains healthy satiating fats, vitamin C, magnesium and B-6. There is also a great deal of potassium in a serving.

This morning, I was looking for a new spin on my routine avocado toast.  What I came up after scavenging my pantry this morning  was still super simple, but had a much more complex flavor than the usual.

The addition of flax seeds add insoluble fiber and satiety to this meal, as well as some extra texture.

Also, a note on the flax seeds, nowadays, they can even be found at Aldi, so they are not an expensive addition to your pantry.  They're great for all kinds of things; sprinkling in oatmeal, Greek yogurt...the list goes on.

The finished product was spicy, sweet, and salty.

If I could, I would eat it all over again for lunch.


Avocado Toast Remix:

-2 slices of your favorite whole wheat or seed bread ( I love Alvarado Street Bakery Complete Protein)
- about 3/4 of an avocado
- red pepper flakes
-Natural honey
-Kosher salt
- flax seeds

Begin by toasting your bread to its desired level of crispness.  Next, mash your avocado onto the toast slices.  sprinkle a little Kosher salt to taste.
Add some flax seeds, for as much crunch as you would like.  Sprinkle a conservative amount of red pepper flakes and then a light drizzle of honey.


The rest of the job is up to coffee :)



No comments:

Post a Comment