Friday, January 10, 2014

Lunch...but lets face it, I can eat this anytime of day...

So this delight took me a whopping 5 minutes to create.  It has a ton of protein, fiber, vitamins and Omega-3s.  I may have cheated by using some of the quinoa I cooked a few days ago to use for breakfasts, but that's not really cheating...that's thinking ahead. Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
-1 cup cooked quinoa
- handful of ripe cherry tomatoes
-3 generous splashes red wine vinegar ( balsamic or white wine vinegar would be lovely too)
-1 half medium sized Haas avocado
-1 medium egg ( though again, if you eat plant based; a veggie pattie or veggie sausage would be good too)
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1 teaspoon olive oil

I started by heating the olive oil in a non-stick pan ( by going non-stick for eggs, you use less oil).  Once it was hot, I added the egg.  I like them over hard so I cooked and flipped until the yolk was set, but you may prefer yours over easy.
In the mean time, I sliced the tomatoes in half and topped with the vinegar and salt and pepper.  I warmed up the quinoa in the microwave, topped with sliced avocado, the tomato mixture, then the egg.

Easy and delightful :)



No comments:

Post a Comment