Tuesday, January 7, 2014

So I've been more than a little lazy with my writing lately.  I started this s a creative outlet to be able to talk about things that I'm passionate about, but with the holidays (holidaze), I have been more than a touch out of step.  
But here I am, new year...new energy and ready to go.  I've resolved this year to be kinder to my self. I really think all people should do the same.  Let me explain.  This time of year is notorious for decision making that revolves around the treadmill.  I see so many people who wake up on January first and decide they are going to TOTALLY OVERHAUL their lifestyle.  Not a tweak here or there, but to go from fast food eating sedentary to active spinach eater in the course of a day.  Understand, I think it is wonderful people want to make a change and they see the need for it, but this drastic behavior is not being kind to yourself.  

That kind of thinking, in my own opinion, is the whole reason most new years resolutions fail before the clock strikes midnight.  Why not try a less drastic approach? Believe it or not, smaller, more incremental changes can make all the difference. 
Instead, why not...
-Try resolving to drink more water and less pop and juice? 
-Swap a salad or other steamed veggies 3 out of 4 times you eat out versus a french fry.
-Only order dessert on special occasions.
-Go meatless one day per week.

These are just a few examples...and guess what? If you stay consistent with these, you'll already be able to see some measurable results sooner than you think.  

Ok, that's all for today.  I think I'm going to start taking photos of some of my workouts and new exercises I come up with to post here for some extra visual and how to, so that's what's next.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment